Well we 3 weeks into the lockdown in the UK and I’m sure like us your now looking online to find things todo with the kids. If you’re lucky like us and have a garden, why not do a wildlife survey. It’s a fun thing to do to pass the time and also will be helping out the RSPB at the same time.
On their website they have many surveys they carry out throughout the year and we link to them all in this blog post. We also love you to share with us your finding just post a picture of you doing your wildlife survey and tag us @idadgb or use the #iDadGBFun. We made a really easy step to step guide to help you below. Have Fun and we look forward to seeing what you all got upto.
What you will need
Wildlife surveys are fairly easy and often require little more than sharp eyes and some patience. But here are a few other things that may come in handy:
- Magnifying glass and/or binoculars
- Bird and animal guides
- Choose a survey that you’d like to help with. The RSPB is a great source for these we will link them at the bottom of this blog post
- Read the instructions very carefully and then follow them exactly of the survey. (This is important – if everyone who takes part does this, then they will receive the most useful information). Don’t worry if what they are asking you to do sounds a bit odd, the scientists know what they’re doing!
- Send off your results as soon as you can to the RSPB
- Have fun. Then maybe join another survey!