For years we have been searching for a play dough recipe that was simple to make but actually lasted longer than a day after the kids playing with it. Yes we could go out and buy the real thing but lets be honest its quite expensive especially when your kids will just end up mixing it all together to get the best colour brown possible. so a few months ago while browsing Facebook we came across a post about someone who had made some in a slow cooker. We messaged them and they sent us the recipe. Well its just too good for us to keep it to ourselves and in current climate I know you really can’t just go out and buy it. So here it is slow cooker play dough enjoy.
Slow Cooker Play Dough
- Slow Cooker
- Airtight Container
- Wooden Spoon
- 2 Cups Plain Flour
- ½ Cup Table Salt
- 3 tbsp Cream of Tartar
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 tbsp Cornflour
- 2 Cups Warm Water
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Food Colouring Any Colour of choice
- Add the flour, Salt, Cornflour and cream of tarter to slow cooker
- Now add the Warm Water, Oil and Vanilla Extract to the slow cooker and conbine.
- Add a few drops of your favorite food coloring and stir until you have the colour your looking for.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Remove lid and stir play dough until you have an even consistency. Scoop out the dough from your slow cooker and allow to cool.
- Once Cooled its ready to play with
- Your homemade play dough should last for a few weeks if you keep it in an airtight container. Remember to wash your hands before playing with it will keep the dough from getting as dirty and extend its life too.
Please share with us your play dough creations by tagging us @iDadGB or using the #iDadGBMakes
Find these item on