Todays make is an Elmer elephant you can just make it as something todo or make it as something to interact with the fantastic book series by David McKee. We love reading about Elmer advantages. The kids made there own elephants and now play with them in the garden making up there own adventures. if you not seen the books why not check them out of amazon we linked them at the bottom of the post
Milk Bottle Elephants
- 1 Milk bottle
- Tissue Paper
- PVA Glue
- Googly eyes
- Marker pen
- Small sheet of card
- Draw lines on the milk bottle as guides for you to cut. Draw one line around the whole bottle slightly higher from the bottom of the handle.
- Then Draw an arch from this line on each side of the bottle - this will form the legs.
- Next, cut along the lines that you have drawn to create the elephant shape you can get rid of the bottom half of the milk bottle as this is not needed
- Now Cover the surface of the bottle with PVA glue and then stick tissue paper squares all over the elephant in an patchwork style patten.
- Cut out some eat shapes from the peace of card then Stick the ears to his head and cover with patchwork tissue paper squares.
- Once your elephant is complete, give it another coat of PVA glue to varnish
- Finally, add some eyes (we’ve added googly eyes but you can make your own with paper and pens).
- Allow to Dry and your Done. Enjoy 🙂
Amazon Book Links