While watching the food channel the other day we discovered a burger called the juicy Lucy the origin of this burger is an subject of great debate as there is two bars in Minneapolis, Matt’s and the 5-8 Club, have competing claims to being the creator of the infamous Juicy Lucy burger (or Jucy Lucy, depending on whom you’re talking to). Ether way this is our version and what’s more its Dairy Free.
Dairy Free - Juicy Lucy Burger
- Mixing Bowl
- Frying Pan
- 60 g Dairy Free Cheese
- 500 g 20% Fat Beef Mince
- 1 1/4 tsp Table Salt
- 1/2 tsp Onion Granules or Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 Burger Rolls
- Vegetable oil For Frying the burgers in the pan once made.
- Place the meat in a large bowl and add the salt, Onion granules or garlic powder, Worcestershire Sauce. Mix with your hands until just evenly combined.
- Divide the meat into 12 equal portions and place on a work surface or plate.
- Using your fingertips, press 2 portions of the meat into 2 rough good sized patties.
- Place 1 stack of the dairy free cheese in the center of 1 of the patties.
- Place the second patty on top of the first and pinch the edges to form a tight seal.
- Cup each complete patty with your hands to round out the edges, and press on the top to flatten slightly into a single thick patty. then transfer to a plate
- Repeat with the remaining portions of meat and cheese to form all the patties
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes before cooking in a frying pan.
- Once Cooked serve in a bugger roll with your choice sause and sides.
Don’t forget to share your creations on instagram with us using the #iDadGBMakes
Find these item on